Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sketch Challenge at Little Yellow Bicycle

There's a New Sketch Challenge going on at Little Yellow Bicycle

I'm always so excited when I'm asked to play along at Little Yellow Bicycle!  The collections are so FABULOUS!  This time, I used the new  Saturday's Collection.  Blue is my favorite color, so you can imagine that this collection is right up my alley!  Not to mention, it's a wonderful denim colored blue that works perfectly for guy and girl pages.  Add in some red and cream and you can imagine that it's a perfect fit for any photo.

Happy Girls
This is Jade outside with the collies when she came for a visit. 


Be sure to take a closer look at the felt flowers that are included in the collection.  The also have these super cool burlap leaves!

Tip:  When you are using the clear cuts that have a lot of detail, you can actually use pop-up glue dots, as I did here, to give your page more dimension. 


More of those great felt flowers mixed with one of the Paper Flower Kit. 


I used some of the baker's twine from the Wonder and Wishes collection to add some detail to my banners.  To hold it in place, I added adhesive to the back.  This will help with keeping it in place, but still leave it looking like it's just wrapped.


Run by the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog to see the GREAT SKETCH by Liz Qualman! 
There are also more examples from the sketch at the blog to get you inspired to play along!

Good Luck!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I can't say enough how much I love this page! Great work with Saturdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making your Bobunny "Kiss" album and loving it. Checked out your blog and I am so glad I did. Love your composition on your LOntoday and oh, what beautiful Collies. They are just the best family pets, beautiful dogs and beautiful natures. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas with us. My little grand-daughter is going to love her book and I am going to love giving it to her. Give those lovely a hug from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome take on the sketch! You have such a great style! Love it!

    I am looking forward to be on the same cycling team as you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/28/2012

    Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself...I am on the Swoon team too! I love your blog...looking forward to working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/28/2012

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete