Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest

Are you becoming interested in Pinterest?  If not, you really need to check it out!  I can't get over all the ideas that are shared there.  So many things that I never would have thought of! The creativity there blows me away.

At Bo Bunny, there are a lot of Pinterest Addicts, too!  In fact, today we are doing a Pinspiration post again.  There are so many ways to be inspired by the same picture, as you will see if you drop by the Bo Bunny Blog.  Each of the designers came up with completely different layouts.

This time, we were given this picture of loads of dice for inspiration. 

  user posted image
 The first thing I noticed when I looked at this one was that it had lots of squares and the numbers on the dice looked like a sea of polka dots to me. 

So this is what I came up with. 
One Year in the Life
I decided to use lots of squares, so all of the pictures are cropped into squares.  Because I was using so many pictures and it can be a bit tough to get them all cut and lined up perfectly, I chose to print them as a contact sheet.  After printing, all I had to do was cut them into strips.

I added three polka dot bows and strips of ribbon.  I did them all different colors because I also liked the way the picture showed how appealing several different colors can look together.  Of course, the adorable Little Miss Collection from Bo Bunny includes all the colors pulled together, too.

If you look closely, you will notice that I pulled more polka dots into the design by using Double Dot papers for the punched frame. 

When printing the contact sheet for your photos, you can choose to lable them.  I chose to lable them with the file name that I had saved the photos as.  I also made them all sepia tinted to make them sit nicely on the layout.  The large photo in the middle was edited by dialing down the saturation of the colors to give it a soft look.

Be sure to drop by the Bo Bunny Blog today to see what the rest of the Design Team has come up with!  You won't believe how differently we interpreted the picture!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment