Thursday, August 2, 2012

Limited Supplies-Unlimited Inspiration

At Bo Bunny, we have recently added some new blog ideas.  One of them involves using a 'recipe' for our pages.  This is a lot of fun!  The recipe is very limited and can show you some ways to really stretch your supplies without sacrificing your pages by having them look 'undone'.

Here is my first go at this.  I have to admit that this one took me a little while to come up with.  The layout is very simple to do, but I wanted to make sure that I had the backsides to work with for extra embellishing, too. 

Smile

This is the brand spankin' new Bo Bunny Apple Cider!  It is so beautiful!  You can do ANY of your Fall photos with it.  So perfect for Halloween, Thanksgiving and outdoor photos.  Check out the sweet little girls with boots in the collection. Love it!

Because I was working with a limited amount of papers (4), I chose papers with beautiful patterns in the corners. I wanted to pull my design into the middle of the page and let the papers do most of the work.


I chose to use the paper with writing on it for the center of my design.  I loved the backside of this paper, too.  It is the brown dotted paper seen along the lower border and the back layers of the punched flowers.

Don't forget all your tools.  I used a few punches and even pulled out my old scalloped scissors on this layout.  I used them to make a little border around the shaped cutout in the upper left corner.


To stretch my supplies, I picked an additional paper that had shapes on one side and a great pattern on the other.  I cut out the shaped piece at the top and the smile word from the front side of the Apple Cider Journey paper, and used the back side to punch plaid flowers.

My one package of embellishments was the Layered Chipboard seen here.  The pumpkins and the flower centers are in the package.  I added a bit of twine for some extra detailing.


The apple, the journal card and the upper border were also cut from the Journey paper.  To stretch your supplies, be sure to check out all the details befor you start cutting to get the most out of all the fun images and designs. You will still have plenty to work with for punching!

Don't forget the packaging!  The leaves on my page were cut from the packaging of the Layered Chipboard.


If you don't have any centers for your flowers, simply cut a strip of cardstock from your left overs to make them.  Roll them up by hand or with a quilling tool. 

Several stickers finish off this layout.  I think the words stickers are just right to tell the story easily.  I also used a couple of the border stickers to layer with my punched border strip along the bottom.

Limiting your supplies doesn't mean limiting your design!  There are so many ways to add details by simply putting a bit of extra thought into it. 

Be sure to check out the Bo Bunny Blog to see more ideas!
  We are doing this regularly now and there are lots more examples there with 2 page layouts and 1 page layouts!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow... you've not only scrapped, but you've scrapped a double *faint*!!!
    Robbie, it's just beautiful and really showcases the wonderful new collection from BB. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flowers!!!! just signed up as your newest followers. Please visit me at: http://cutonedesignsbyrobin.blogspot.com/

    I love new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO.
    I loved !!!

    kisses

    Elisa Delatore

    ReplyDelete