Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Flying Unicorn July Off the Page


Did you know that Flying Unicorn Kits include an off the page item each and every month?  Well, they do!  This month, a wooden boat is included.  You should see what some of the girls did with them!  Be sure to check them out on our Facebook Page, in our Forums and on the teams blogs!

I chose to make a little boat for a decor piece.  This could not only be used for a nautical theme, it would make a fun centerpiece for a summer party, a 4th of July party or even a themed birthday party.


I used the Authentique Anchored Collection to decorate my boat with.  It is perfect since it's already designed to be nautical.  The best part... you can also find it in the Flying Unicorn Store!!  Check here... Authentique Anchored Collection.


The first thing I thought of was to make a sail for my boat.  That came with a bit of thought about how to make the mast to be sure it stood up.  I used a bit of floral foam, covered it with paper and then... my Sonic drink addiction payed off!  I used a Sonic straw for the mast.  Perfect!  It's already red and all I had to do was glue a bead to the top. 

Prima white wire and little flags, in addition to the sail, finished off this section.  You can find the wire in the store, too! 


Have you seen all the new adornments in the Flying Unicorn Store?  This little anchor fit perfectly with the little boat!  You can see all the new adornments in the store here.


A few more flowers and a little wheel were the last few additons.

Don't forget to check out our Facebook page!  We love to hear from you and would love to see what you are doing with the kits!

Photobucket

1 comment: