Thursday, February 4, 2016

NEW PRIMA IOD Moulds and Flowers

As you might have noticed from looking at my blog, I love birdhouses!  I can't seem to help myself when I see one that I want to alter.  The new Prima IOD Moulds are simply perfect for adding beautiful details to any home decor item and make this birdhouse special!

For this birdhouse, I started by using the borders to add to the gables of my birdhouse. It gave it a wonderful detail that was lacking before adding the moulds.


The next place I used the IOD Moulds was around the opening in the center.  By moulding the paper clay and cutting out the center while it was still damp, I was able to make it work and leave an opening for birdies to sneak into.

These also work perfectly to coordinate with my Prima Resin Bird.  Both items take color so well!  I used Prima Color Bloom to add the soft teal color and the a touch of silver paint to make the high spots stand out to show the lovely dimension of these pieces


Of course, no Prima project is complete without adding beautiful Prima Flowers!  These are new flowers mixed with some old ones to complete the look that I was going for!  I don't think there is anything that Prima Flowers can't take over the top!

Note:  The metal roof is made from thin metal sheets that I embossed and simply glued to the top. 


Finally, don't forget the little details to finish off your project.  Prima Snowflake Paste is perfect for any wintery project.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Stunning birdhouse! Now I am thinking about getting some of these moulds!

    ReplyDelete